A nice lunch dish made with freshly picked yellow waxed beans, fresh dill and a good portion of sour cream. Served with a bit of meat stew like pörkölt or as on the picture (thanks mum!), paprika chicken. Good to try with green beans and works well with tinned green or yellow beans.
- 600g (1.3 lb) yellow wax beans or green beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300 ml (1.2 cup) water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- few springs of dill choped
- salt, pepper
- splash of vinegar to serve with (optional)
- 220 ml (~1 cup) sour cream
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 tsp paprika powder (optional)
How to make
- Cook the finely chopped onions and garlic on a little oil.
- Pour in the water add the chopped up beans salt and pepper and cook till tender. (10-15 minutes)
- Mix the sour cream, flour – could add a small teaspoon of paprika powder too, stir to a smooth consistency
- Laddle in a little of the hot liquid from the beans, and stir well to even out the temperature this will help a lump-free result.
- Pour in the sour cream mixture to the slowly simmering beans, stir and bring to the boil.
- Add the chopped dill
- A popular way to eat it is with a splash of vinegar